Why I am so tired.

21 Feb

Been away for a while.

I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere and got a little misplaced.  One minute I was out for a walk smelling the flowers and next thing ya’ know I was talking to strangers, eating things I was uncertain of, and drinking potions that smelled funny….  it’s downright maniacal how our mind works….                  ?

One minute you feel like everything is aligned, on track, in a routine.  Then blast.. complete chaos.  All going on inside my little head.  Feasting on anxiety and irrational thoughts.  I got stuck like a fly in a spider web, unaware it was in trouble until it was too late, it’s been wrapped up to die a slow death, until it is time to be devoured.  Barely enough time to analyze what had just happened, with little to no time to compile and list all of life’s regrets.

You know that feeling you get when your hair stands up on the back of your neck? All the senses in your body go completely haywire and start to short circuit, when you are afraid something might be right behind you amid running up the basement stairs?… Imagine that feeling for 5 minutes solid in a straight jacket.  No.  Seriously, close your eyes and imagine that fright tingling in your fingertips and all the way from your frontal lobe to the tip of your toe….

My life in a nutshell, is what you’re feeling.

I’m exhausted…

Good Night.

© 2018 Joseph Emerson @

Posted by on February 21, 2018 in Mental Health, writing

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

22 responses to “Why I am so tired.

1. amazingtangledgrace

February 20, 2018 at 8:03 pm

No, not a good feeling at all.

2. Shreya Jindal

February 20, 2018 at 9:38 pm

Oh’ this was something sad. You posted after really many days if I’m not wrong.

3. Ravisingh

February 22, 2018 at 12:05 pm

You need to change the way you think about irony of life and iam sure you can do it with consistent effort. Pl remember if you can see it in your mind you can hold it in your hand.I have written many post you can go through and i am sure you will like them and feel much better.

Have faith in HIM,Joshep and every thing will improve in your life.

4. Ravisingh

February 22, 2018 at 12:26 pm

My pleasure!

5. Ravisingh

February 22, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Thank you for reading my few posts and liking them. I am sure you would like my other posts too when you read them. They just fit in for you.

6. tanjabrittonwriter

February 22, 2018 at 1:57 pm

I hope you are feeling better!

February 22, 2018 at 1:59 pm

Yes thanks. I usually pull through. Writing in the moment always makes it more dramatic. Sometimes I read it later and think “whoa what the heck?” Haha thanks for reading.

7. jgarrott

February 22, 2018 at 11:08 pm

A very honest post – and thanks for liking my post on Honesty. I was rather surprised to get a Like from something I posted back in November. It’s actually very encouraging!

February 22, 2018 at 11:12 pm

Very welcome. Found it under the tag “honesty” and when I read the line about people putting on a front.. I had to keep reading. Great read! Thank you

8. Marie Abanga

February 23, 2018 at 12:11 am

Hi Joe, I know you have pulled through this somehow, and posted other stuffs too. But I wanted to leave a note on this and I was on the Go and the comment I typed refused to Go lol. Now, what was I trying to say ? Argh it’s gone now. But I emphatically wish you well. Glad you keep writing through and negotiate with life to not get in your way again that much. I mean fella has a very wide lane ahead of it, so why on earth will it camp in one’s mind so tenaciously beats my imagination and fascination

February 23, 2018 at 7:48 am

Thank you so much Marie. Means a lot that you came back to comment. That’s happened to me before, where a comment or a like won’t work for some odd reason. Thank you for reading and liking and the kind words 👍

• Marie Abanga

February 23, 2018 at 7:54 am

We are all in this hat called life together. Some deep in the middle struggling to get to the tip to see what’s outside, others on the tip, scared of what they see and struggling to hide deep in the middle. I believe supporting and cheering each other is worth every ounce of breathe we are lucky to take lol

February 23, 2018 at 7:56 am

So so true. Thanks again 🙏

9. dweezer19

March 1, 2018 at 7:15 pm

😞Sincere hugs.

March 1, 2018 at 7:16 pm

right back at ya, with sincere thanks 🤓 Thank you for reading !