Hey Doc, Help?

Red med

Blue med

Now I need

another

just to help me

get to bed.

“Doc, I feel like someone else”

“Well then take one of these.

Just make sure to leave your co-pay

with the receptionist, before you leave.”

Up all night, wondering what to say

I cannot get to sleep and I’m tired all day.

One med

Two med

Red med

Blue med

Now I need

another

just to help me

get to bed.

“Hey Doc! I can’t sleep!”

“Well than take one of these.

Remember to stop by the front desk

so I can make payroll Please”

Have to get up, and go to work today,

couldn’t fall sleep if I stayed home anyway.

One med

Two med

Red med

Blue med

Now I need

another

just to help me

get to bed.

“Yo DOC!!!

F@#K YOU bro!”

Tags: , , , , , , ,

28 responses to “Hey Doc, Help?

1. oldepunk

April 9, 2018 at 12:08 pm

Right on

April 9, 2018 at 12:08 pm

Ha! Reminds me of “one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.” Maybe Dr Seuss was politically trying to say the same thing in 1960 since his children ‘s books always had a duel message. I thought your poem was very cleverly done and I loved the ending! It also reminds me of the Jefferson Airplane song White Rabbit that I loved singing in the late 60’s. (One pill makes you smaller, the other makes you tall…) Drug addiction has been around for a long, long time. Lyrically expressing how to beat it is admirable. 👍

April 9, 2018 at 12:22 pm

That’s what it’s from lol. It was stuck in my head for some reason.

• Lesleykluchin

April 9, 2018 at 1:14 pm

Yes!!! I knew it!!! You know great writers, even from children’s literature, (Lewis Carroll and Theodor Geisel (Seuss) were at the top of their game. I majored in children’s literature along with elementary education and have a vast collection. I could go on and on about the brilliance of those two writers.I used them frequently in class for inspiration. Also you may want to check nonsense poems by Edward Lear. He was an artist musician author and poet from the 1800’s. ( he wrote “The Owl and The Pussycat”). But his limerick’s were genius. I used all these fellows when I taught my students writing skills. Their talent for catchy phrases do stick with you forever and truly inspire us to create.

To this day I can recall lines from their books,stories, and poems. I still know Carroll’s silly verse from the Jabberwocky. “Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe.” All mimsy were the borogoves…”
        The way words, (even words that aren’t real) are strung together if done correctly, have a unique rhythm that stays in your head. So it is no wonder you had those words running around your brain forever. I assure you that was the writer’s plan all along!!!

THANK YOU for this poem. Besides the positive message you instilled, your inspirational take on one of my favorite children’s authors was simply a delight to read. You made my day!!! Well done Joseph!!! As Amy from Doctor Who would say, “You clever boy!”

April 9, 2018 at 6:48 pm

I’m glad you liked it. I’ll be sure to check out Edward Lear. I used to really enjoy children’s books. I went to a small school in elementary and I remember when they splurged and bought new books … Loved em.

3. Bharath Upendra

April 9, 2018 at 12:11 pm

Haha! Is this dark humour?

4. aguycalledbloke

April 9, 2018 at 12:15 pm

Excellent!

5. Silver Screenings

April 9, 2018 at 10:03 pm

A witty tribute to Dr Seuss. It practically sings!

6. Jay Kaushal

April 10, 2018 at 12:15 am

You’re doing it wrong bro. I think Lou could testify to this.. You’re supposed to DRINK yourself to sleep. Anything solid won’t quite cut it. :p 😉

April 10, 2018 at 4:27 am

Haha I’m 15 months sober or I would. I used that method for way too long. Used to sleep like a baby…

• Jay Kaushal

April 10, 2018 at 8:36 am

Hehe. On a serious note: try meditation and weed. This extremely potent pair has the power to transport anyone with a true heart to lala land and beyond. Aghori Yogis in India meditate high on weed for a reason. Lol.

April 10, 2018 at 8:48 am

Very true. I gave that up as well though. Lol. Too many close calls and my job tests for it.

• Jay Kaushal

April 10, 2018 at 10:04 am

Haha. Wow. That’s quite a journey man. Kudos to you! In the end its true that all hallucinogens are in the end after all just that.. Hallucinogens. Stay sober, drink a glass of warm milk and buy a new fluffly pillow with a comfortable mattress. There’s a new trend of relaxing sleep music all The rage on YT these days. I recommend that. More than anything else I personally recommend kicking the city life and retiring high in the mountains where you can just write in peace under the shade of oak trees in the morning and sleep warm on a bed of hay watching the stars through the window at night… Oh man.. If only…..

April 10, 2018 at 10:11 am

Hell yeah. The hallucinogens were a good chunk of my 20’s. A lot of fun but I am glad that it’s all just pictures and funny memories/stories.

• Jay Kaushal

April 10, 2018 at 11:00 am

I completely agree. I have found meditation has almost the same effect of putting you into trance and soothing the body. Meditation, Yoga, Tai Chi.. whichever one might prefer.. it’s a transforming experience that I highly recommend. It has a ‘high’ of its own. lol. a good one though. sans the headaches and bloopers. 😀

April 10, 2018 at 11:12 am

Haha thanks for the tips. Meditation is a practice that I have strayed from the last few years. Need hop back on that train. 👍 Thanks again

7. lamiyah

April 10, 2018 at 3:46 am

This is so cute and funny. Your blog is SO cool!

8. moorezart

April 10, 2018 at 11:38 am

Reblogged this on From 1 Blogger 2 Another.

9. myloudbipolarwhispers

April 10, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Very good and the ending sums it up brilliantly. I hope you are doing well. Have a happy, healthy and fabulous day. Hugs, Sue

April 10, 2018 at 7:02 pm

Hehe. Thank you. It was like stuck in my head all day at work and had to make something out of it. I’m doing well thanks👍 🤗

10. BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com

April 14, 2018 at 1:19 pm

Dr. Suess has nothing on you. This was so relevant to what normally happens when visiting the doctor. Tell them what’s wrong, here’s another script, and nothing is solved accept lining the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies and doctors. Great piece, my friend!!!! 🙂

11. Alex Sarll

April 16, 2018 at 2:16 am

This is cool.. i just wrote my own poem about the white pill i take to keep me sane. Check it out- i flipping hate the medication but i take it because it’s sensible to.. :/

April 16, 2018 at 4:37 am

Right? I hate the idea of it… But in the end it has helped me in so many ways. Before, life was completely unmanageable.

• Alex Sarll

April 16, 2018 at 4:39 am

Yep.. though I strongly feel as though it was as much my work as it was the meds. I’ve fought every day for the last 13 years for my recovery- it hasn’t been a case of taking the meds, sitting back and hoping!!