Satan called me spineless

devil-1008391

Hypnotized by the alluring midnight black flowing hair

mimicking the curtains blowing in the ocean’s breath,

I’ve never had such a beautiful image of Satan

as I do right now, as I compose the symphony of my death.

I’m not someone who fancies the ideologies of satanism,

though he is who lurks when I am looking for a friend,

why wouldn’t you want to talk to someone with expertise

in constructing a scene as melodramatic as your end?

It’s not like I have a poor sense of direction or imagination,

it’s just that I get so fixated on the methods that I do NOT like,

for instance, stoning or drowning in a pool filled with sharks,

not fond of guns, asphyxiation or stabbing with a spike.

I tend to obsess over the things that I don’t want to happen

instead of making happen the dreams that I wish,

I’d just hate to have to come to grips with growing soft inside

I wouldn’t want to be remembered as a spineless jellyfish.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

15 responses to “Satan called me spineless

1. BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com

March 31, 2018 at 8:58 am

Wow! This was dark as dark can get, my friend. Great imagery for sure. 🙂

March 31, 2018 at 9:00 am

Thank you. Yeah it’s been getting a little darker … Luckily just in my writing as I am starting to figure things out. 😉

• BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com

March 31, 2018 at 9:01 am

Thank God, it’s not with you personally speaking… Creatively genius. 🙂

March 31, 2018 at 9:02 am

Coming from an old notebook.

• BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com

March 31, 2018 at 9:06 am

LOL! I’ve been plucking at some of my old works and revamping them too. Some of the stuff I pulled out was just right corny, yet I had to do something with them. Hahahaa. 🙂 Keep doing what you’re doing, it was amazing. 🙂

March 31, 2018 at 10:32 am

Thank you. Yeah I just clean and type up old journal stuff and then tighten it and add in things that are more relevant or pertinent to what is going on in my life now. Then send it off.. ✈️

• BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com

March 31, 2018 at 10:34 am

I just finished up one from back in 2001 to fit the daily post prompt. I have so many of the just kept away in a file folder that I printed up from when I was in my 20’s and onward.

March 31, 2018 at 10:38 am

Wow. So cool. Neat to see where you were in life and with your writing. Time flies yet sooooooo much happens in that flash.

• BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com

March 31, 2018 at 10:46 am

Oh, Yeah… In the blink of an eye, Poof! Time disappears. 🙂

2. foxesandpoems

March 31, 2018 at 7:39 pm

I love this. Reminds me of an old poem I wrote called “The devil underestimated me.” Ironically that piece is about outsmarting him, while this is a reflection on not measuring up. Beautifully written.

3. Penny Wilson Writes

March 31, 2018 at 7:41 pm

This is excellent! Love it!

4. Marie Abanga

April 1, 2018 at 5:11 am

it surely wasn’t meant to be lol (what you may ask – both hahaha)