space-love-ology: the science of being ok with your alone time.

atom-68866_960_720

Love has found itself stuck in a dependent generation

in a single particle state, it is lost in space

symbolized as an atom that has been briefly split up

it lies emotionless until returning face-to-face.

I’m no scientist or an expert in devotion,

I’m definitely not a master of quantum mechanics

I do happen to know a few things about being alone,

something you need to be ok with, there’s no need to panic.

People, when your loved one, is out and about

wish them well, but then just leave them be

as your nuclear force brings you back together

then it’s okay to compute your wave functionality.

Learn to be a lone Proton, Neutron, or Electron

and do not confuse that with being alone, at all,

I promise, distance does, in fact, make the heart grown stronger

despite a sense of crashing, your angular momentum will not let you fall.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

23 responses to “space-love-ology: the science of being ok with your alone time.

1. Silver Screenings

March 14, 2018 at 9:35 pm

I love that you used “angular momentum” in a (terrific) poem. Nicely done!

March 14, 2018 at 9:37 pm

Haha thank you. Was tough to keep it 50/50 with scientific terms and not straying too far from the lesson .. I was wondering if people would understand what some of these terms meant. So thank you again, I feel a lot better 🤓

• Silver Screenings

March 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm

I notice, with your writing, that you never talk down to your audience. As a reader, I appreciate that.

March 14, 2018 at 9:40 pm

That means a lot. Thank you so much. 👍🏼

2. Megha's World

March 14, 2018 at 9:41 pm

I loved how have combined the physics with the biology and used in your arts.

March 14, 2018 at 9:45 pm

Thank you so much. I was wondering as I was writing if this would have positive feedback. So cool. I appreciate you reading and stopping by 🤓

• Megha's World

March 14, 2018 at 9:47 pm

My pleasure .One of the unique poems I have read so far. very creative.

3. raynotbradbury

March 15, 2018 at 6:22 pm

Learn to be a lone Proton…haha! Deserves applause 👏

4. Sisir Ghosh

March 15, 2018 at 11:07 pm

New way of expression.

5. boundlessblessingsblog

March 16, 2018 at 12:55 am

Nice words so well composed, Joseph combining both science and love together.

6. Susannah Bianchi

March 16, 2018 at 5:15 am

I’m alone much of the time. Love now knowing I’m a lone proton. Artists of any kind embrace this. Also, brevity counts. You said so much so sparingly. Susannah.

March 16, 2018 at 6:26 am

Thank you so much for reading Susannah. 👍

• Susannah Bianchi

March 16, 2018 at 6:54 am

I loved it. Made me feel less like the isolated freak I think I’m often perceived as. I try to look at that as a plus, as a writer….:)

March 16, 2018 at 7:14 am

Keep it up. I’m glass you feel like less of a freak. Although the freak is what were you aside. My solitude allows me to paint, write, run around the house screaming gibberish. It’s completely ok to be a freak 🤓

• Susannah Bianchi

March 16, 2018 at 9:24 am

Will mull over that. 🙂

7. moorezart

March 16, 2018 at 12:41 pm

Reblogged this on From 1 Blogger 2 Another.

8. Marie Abanga

March 17, 2018 at 3:12 am

The first attempt to comment from my phone ended in a fiasco. But sasha fierce me will try again and here is why: I so so so love this Joe, just starting psychology classes and I feel like the theory with all those ancient researchers is a mix of physics,biology and chemistry and co. Hmm, could this poem be a reincarnation of that era? And talking about alone time, I call them My Me Moments. I so so so love them, I actually miss them – I mean the lengthy ones where I just upped and vamoosed for a few days. Someone once remarked I seemingly couldn’t be bored by myself…hell no i can’t. Can’t seriously even seem to have enough of those Magical Me Moments anymore these days hahaha

March 17, 2018 at 8:22 am

Haha thank you for jumping through hoops to get this comment to me. I’m glad you like it that much. I feel as time goes on, we start to appreciate our alone time a lot more. I just think it’s unhealthy when people literally cannot or will not function without their counterpart with them. Thanks again for reading and commenting. I always appreciate it.

• Marie Abanga

March 18, 2018 at 2:21 am

It sure is unhealthy, called codependency, a milder and more human type of addiction lol