Where all the extra thoughts go

20 Jan

I observe all things around me

I analyze and write what I see,

extra trimmings which remain unwritten

freely spill over into a dream.

They all seem to come together

to create something shockingly new,

My mind never achieves conception

of what is made up and what is true.

In this world I’ve come to know

often the only one I can honestly trust,

takes the leftover thoughts of my day

and transforms them into lust.

This is where I can truly be me

no pressure of love and fear,

for the second my eyes do open

the evidence will disappear.

The sadness will come when I awake

when I realize for now it is gone,

I just need to try and remind myself

awaiting tonights advent won’t be long…

Posted by on January 20, 2018 in My day, poetry, writing

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

36 responses to “Where all the extra thoughts go

1. Shreya Jindal

January 18, 2018 at 6:46 pm

A good concept though!!

2. RhapsodyBoheme

January 18, 2018 at 7:07 pm

Powerful as always. Love

January 18, 2018 at 7:27 pm

I love how you remove the outer shell of your emotions and get to the heart of your feelings. You are able to express the layers of your pain and pleasure through your words. Very effective!!

January 18, 2018 at 7:32 pm

I’m glad you liked it. I feel more comfortable letting it out in written words, opposed to my actual life where I bottle everything up until I literally lose my senses, so much so that my therapist says that I need to open up and not bottle everything… I always feel like he is always analyzing everything I do and say . haha. As always, thank you so much for stopping by and reading ☺️

January 18, 2018 at 7:45 pm

I agree that writing is easier than exposing ourselves in person. I think if we didn’t write we’d all go crazy. So often I see poets sob as they read their words and the “snaps” they hear is the love and respect of those listening. Blogs and poetry slams are safe spaces. Creatively putting your demons out there to be read or heard is courageous.

January 18, 2018 at 7:50 pm

Very well put… It’s definitely a life saver for sure. It’s the only hobby I can do anytime, anywhere with anything, even in my head when there’s no writing implement.

January 18, 2018 at 8:02 pm

So true. I used to take a pad and pen with me. Now my iPhone does the trick. It makes anywhere I go inspirational. I used to tell my students to jot down emotions and sensory details whenever they go to a restaurant or the park. They’d come back to school with the most amazing incite. Just think, without deep thinkers or troubled people we would never have had the brilliance of Edgar Allen Poe, Van Gogh, Mozart. Art in any form comes from torment or imperfection, but the result is well worth it.

6. chrisnelson61

January 19, 2018 at 1:49 am

Excellently put. Whether it’s comforting or unsettling at least our dream world is a place that is truly ours and unconstrained by others.

7. boundlessblessingsblog

January 19, 2018 at 1:50 am

For sure they are thoughts so beautifully you have kept them in order. Great poem

8. doodlessworld

January 19, 2018 at 12:02 pm

Loved the post. New to your blog and absolutely love your writings. 💜

9. Jeannette_ptsd.bipolar2

January 19, 2018 at 4:38 pm

I would like to Nominate you for the Liebster Award. https://girlptsddepression777.wordpress.com

January 19, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Aw thank you too much. Much appreciated. I am traveling at the moment… but I will be happy to get to this as soon as I sit down. Thanks again 👍

10. twinklingwords

January 19, 2018 at 11:04 pm

Alright how have I not seen not your blog before! There is a way you gently introduce the idea going bit by bit, delicately, beautifully and then suddenly one finds oneself diving into a deep emotion. Dreams are important for me too, though hazy but sometimes they are everything I need even if they are for some minutes.

January 20, 2018 at 12:30 am

Thank you so much. That’s so nice of you. And yes I believe we get to live two different worlds but most do not pay attention to the sub conscience one… ya might as well enjoy it, since we are technically living it.

11. boundlessblessingsblog

January 20, 2018 at 1:23 am

A great read and a beautiful idea. Awesome poem.

12. *Andrada Anitei*

January 20, 2018 at 1:24 am

Thoughts… Dream killers, especially when they’re overused. I, yoo, have an article called “Thoughts”.

Going further on this line, writing has opened my eyes on how strong we can, actually, be if we collaborate with our thoughts, instead of letting them patronize us… 😉

13. bethanyk

January 21, 2018 at 8:44 pm

This was really really good

14. The Count Gustaf